Thursday, September 10, 2009

Green People Organic Babies - Mum and Baby Moisturiser


Review for Green People Organic Babies - Mum and Baby Moisturiser (Lavender)
By Nicola R.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with this organic moisturiser from Green People. Although very light in texture, my dry skin felt instantly softer after application and the effects have been long lasting. The Green People product rubbed in quickly and sunk in well (so there was no problem applying make up straight after) and I managed to get rid of a few dry, flaky areas.

The smell of lavender was subtle but lovely. It would make an ideal choice for using on babies before bedtime, perhaps during an evening massage because the scent is not too overpowering but would help to calm before sleep. I tried it on my three year olds’ eczema prone skin (as it says it is formulated for sensitive skin) but although it didn’t irritate, I think the eczema needs something thicker to soothe it long term.

The Green People packaging design is simple but modern. I generally prefer a pump dispenser because it’s harder to control the amount of product dispensed from a tube, but any excess product could be rubbed over the body so none is wasted. There are a few ingredients that I didn’t recognize but the tube states that there are no parabens, petrochemicals etc. and the company has won so many awards for their ethics and organic credentials that I’m not concerned. (The product is 93.7% organic)

Overall I felt that it was a great product for summer time and would make an ideal after sun organic moisturiser (the ingredients include aloe vera and lavender - both excellent for burns). It would also be very good for someone with oily skin who wanted a lighter textured product. I would happily use it as an organic body moisturiser when I changed to something thicker for my face during winter.

The Green People Organic Babies - Mum and Baby Moisturiser (£8.95 150ml) and other Green People products are available at Naturisimo.com

No comments: