Wednesday, November 04, 2009

John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

Review of John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
By Lara R.

Packaging
This multipurpose John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
comes in a sleek plastic bottle that would look good on any bathroom shelf.

Application
I have fine long curly hair that sometimes feels dry and tends to get frizzy on wet or humid days. I like to wash my hair everyday so I been using the same shampoo and conditioner for years (Aveda Shampure in case you wonder) because of its gentle formulation.

I was so pleasantly surprise when I open the John Masters Detangler. It smells truly wonderful, a mix of uplifting neroli and citrus aromas. Also it has a rich but lightweight formulation so you just need a small amount and runs easily through the hair. You can either leave in or rinse off after the recommended 1- 3 minutes. This John Masters conditioner is also recommended for coloured hair.

I also decided to tried it on my three year old daughter who has very fine hair that tangles very easily. She loved the smell and it was very easy to distribute on her hair.

Ingredients
This John Masters Organics Citrus Detangler is certified organic by EcoCert / QAI and is not tested on animals. It does not contain Sodium Laureth sulfate or parabens which are very common on most high street shampoos and conditioners. The ingredients are a mix of natural vegetable oils, proteins and vitamins to restore strength and shine. Pantenol, wheat amino acids and lot of oils (jojoba, coconut, sunflower) nourish and protect the hair whilst essential oils of lemon, neroli, grapefruit give this conditioner its lovely uplifting aroma.

Results
The smell of this John Masters Organics detangler is the first thing that makes you fall in love with. But the results are just as great. This conditioner leaves my hair feeling soft, silky and bouncy. Not much frizziness on wet days either. It definitely moisturizes the hair.

It worked really well on my daughter’s hair which I usually struggle to detangle. And I loved the fact that her curls were not weighed down. Neither she or me experienced any itchiness to the scalp or skin, so I think its suitable for the small ones in the family as well.

I would recommend this product to anyone and I’ll have no problems swapping my regular conditioner for this one.

Pros:
Beautiful smell
Detangles without weighing down hair
You just need a small amount
Despite its lightweight feel is very rich and concentrated
Hair feels silky and bouncy
Suitable for the whole family

Cons:
It may be too expensive for every day use.

No comments: